Friday, February 1, 2008

Attack!

One or two particularly unpleasant episodes aside, I wouldn't be any kind of authority on the subject of panic. However, I can say with something mildly resembling confidence that the spookiest thing about it is that given the right circumstances (none of them awesome), just wondering or worrying about it can be enough to trigger an attack (extra not awesome).

It goes something like:
Hmm, I wonder if... that's funny, I feel kind of... why am I on the floor?

Nothing else can just be willed into existence like that. Like, you can think about kittens as much as you want without one suddenly appearing in your lap.

I can think of a couple parties that would have gone a lot differently were this not true.

1 comment:

Ansuya Bijur said...

Tapping, I heard, helps.

Also, does 'Mommy' have no congratulatory comments on your extra awesome blog?