Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Amy & Eugene

New York City and I haven't always seen eye-to-eye on everything. We've had moments when I needed to feel less small and squashable while it insisted on looming a little too menacingly. Nights I wanted quiet when it honked and swore like crazy. And, to be perfectly honest, times I would've preferred to feel a little more hip and cultured when it saw fit to remind me how awkwardly out of touch I really am.

But we've come a long way. And though our differences result in a bit of unease from time to time, we seem to have found a reasonable amount of common ground.

We now agree, for example, that I should have access to foie gras at 3 in the morning (this is key)... That I should still occasionally stay up way too late and drink way too much... And that there should be a uniquely exciting backdrop against which I can enjoy the superb company of Amy and Eugene, my two favorite things about New York City.

No comments: