Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Red Heading Of A Two-Headed Beheaded Fish (A Dream I Had)


In an office with V. He is hanging a blind in the doorway so we can keep the door open but still work in privacy. He gives me a strange glass jar because I’ve been doing good work.

I go to the bathroom, but the toilet has no water and is stuffed with trash.

At a bar, nursing a small glass of scotch. A is there, drinking alone at a table. We make awkward eye contact. She leaves, and others begin to whisper about her.

It’s night and I’m riding a bicycle up 128. I have no energy. I’m weaving between lanes and I don’t think I’ll make it home.

At a pet store. Two giant creatures are displayed in an oversized aquarium. They look like polar bears wearing sports jackets. I travel the length of the store, and discover a lounge in the back. It’s empty and there’s a dry ice machine.

With E on a building rooftop. It’s night and the heights make me uncomfortable. We’re discussing a movie we’re going to make. My ideas are sad—his are funny. We decide this makes us a good team.

He has a sheet of paper. The ideas written on it read like a list of foods. Some are written in the form of Mad Libs, like ___________ kabob.

E is laughing as he explains each one. One item, he says, is the red heading of a two-headed beheaded fish.

No comments: